There are quite a few jailbreak tools available nowadays but all of them are aimed at just one thing i.e. to liberate your iPhone from any and all restrictions that may be placed by Apple on your device. Yes, jailbreaks allow you to download apps and software from third-party developers. You may not find these apps from the regular App Store and will have to get a new one through jailbreak. Once your device is jailbroken, it lets you install different tweaks and apps to add to the functionality of your device which may not have been possible otherwise. So, let’s get on with iOS 9.2 jailbreak.
What To Do Before The Jailbreak?
There are a few precautionary steps that you must take before jailbreaking your device, here they are:
- Create a backup of your device with iCloud or iTunes
- Upgrade to the latest iTunes version on your Mac or Windows PC
- Restore your device to iTunes if you had installed an OTA update to it as this will ensure you do not have to face any problems during the process
- Disable Touch ID on your device
- Disable Passcode on your device
- Disable ‘Find My iPhone’ on your device
You can re-enable all of them once you’ve gone through the jailbreak successfully.
How To Jailbreak iOS 9.2 With PP Helper?
Once your device is ready for the jailbreak, here are the steps you need to follow. Remember whether you want to jailbreak iOS 9.2.1 or any other release of iOS 9.2, the process remains the same as described below.
- Download PP Helper Assistant on your computer
- Connect the iPhone to the computer
- Right-click PP Helper icon and run it as administrator
- Wait until PP Helper recognizes your device
- Once your device is recognized, click the jailbreak button in green color
- A Captcha entry might be required here for proceeding further, just enter the given code and proceed
- PP Helper will now prepare to jailbreak your device, wait until it does that
- As soon as it is ready, tap PP icon from the Home Screen
- Now you will have to allow for adding a profile on your iPhone. Agree to it in order to continue, otherwise, you won’t be able to jailbreak your iPhone
- Once done, browse to Settings and go to the Security section
- Go to Profile page now
- There is a button beside PP Helper | Pangu, just click it so that your device can trust this app
- Now launch the PP Helper and tap on ‘Allow Push Notifications’
- Uncheck ‘Install PP Assistant’ option
- Click the button that appears on the screen to start jailbreak process
- Lock the device and let the setup complete. Pangu notification will appear on lock screen once it completes.
- As soon as Cydia is installed on your iPhone, it will restart
- Just tap Cydia icon on the home screen and start installing apps that you have long missed on Apple’s official App Store.
If somehow the jailbreak didn’t install properly, then you will have to start the process again and install the jailbreak from scratch. But mostly it is installed properly on the first go.
So, jailbreak your iPhone running iOS 9.2 today and start enjoying a restriction free experience on your iPhone. You’ll really love the way you will be able to customize your device after the jailbreak!